Limited appointments will be available to the end of July
Not a specialist in statistical analysis or interpretation, but find yourself needing to understand or apply statistics as part of a coursework assignment, research project or dissertation? A bit stuck?
One of our Statistics mentors may be able to help. Our mentors are QMUL students who have specialist knowledge of statistics, either through undergraduate or postgraduate study. There is no charge for this service!
To arrange a 50 minute mentoring meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, giving the following details:
- Your name and student ID number
- Your degree programme and year of study
- Your preferred email address
- A phone number on which you can be reached (sometimes quicker than using email) - optional
- The reason for your tutorial request. - E.g. the assignment /project you are working on and the role of statistics within it. Please specify the type of statistics and/or statistical software package you’re using or need to understand.
- If you're undertaking a project or study, please give its aims (the purpose) and its objectives (the methodology).
- If possible, please send the assignment brief.
We will contact one of our mentors and ask them to get in touch with you directly to arrange a time and place to meet. When you’ve had your meeting we ask you to email us back to confirm it took place and give us some feedback on how it went. As this service is new in 2016-17, we’d really appreciate that!
Appointments are, of course, subject to the availability of our mentors.